cleaning machines


my daughter is writing a paper for school about 'second wave feminism'-- the feminist movement that came about in the 1960's and 1970's.  on one of her notecards she wrote, "the nature of housework had changed somewhat over the years with the introduction of washing machines, clothes dryers, and dishwashers".

i think about this fairly often as my machines-- including the washing machine and the dishwasher and the robot vacuum-- are whirring and buzzing in different locations around my house.  those machines do an awful lot of my household chores for me.  sure-- i still have to load the dishwasher and fold the laundry-- but imagine what it would be like if i were washing all those clothes by hand?

quiet.

and we'd own a lot fewer clothes...

-mary-moore.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...