dishwashing detergent


i recently ran out of my favorite dishwashing detergent and had to use a back-up-brand package that i had tucked away under my sink.

i use my dishwasher to wash most of our dishes.  i run it when it is full, on the energy-saver cycle, and i only buy dishwasher detergents that have no phosphates and no chlorine-- safer for us, safer for the environment.  dishwashers can be very eco-friendly if used in this manner, using as much as half the water of hand-washing.  i have found, however,  that there is a wide range in how well eco-friendly dishwasher detergents work-- on the same dishes in the same machine.

the one that was tucked way in back under my sink?  it left my dishes looking and feeling dirty-- there was a film on my dishes after they went through the dishwasher-- and i found i had to rinse AND scrub my dishes BEFORE putting them in the dishwasher.

ugh.

my favorite dishwashing detergent?  trader joe's powder.  i can run it on the energy-saver cycle with NO PRE-RINSING of the dishes (i do scrape any remaining food off the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher)-- which saves all kinds of water-- and the dishes come out clean and sparkling every time.

and i am not getting paid for this...

-mary-moore.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...