the day after


for the first time in the the over twenty years that my father and his partner have been together-- yesterday we joined our family thanksgiving celebrations with my father's partner's family.

it was lovely to spend the day with 'family', some of whom i have never met before-- but i felt i knew them from stories and photos.  the funnest part, for me, were the many sibling pairs/groups in the three generations of people in attendance.  my brother was there, our children and their siblings were there, but also my dad's partner's brother, their dad and uncle-- it was great to watch the different interactions and visits going on all day between people who grew up in the same family, and people who just met.

and today?  to work!

it's black friday, honey.

-mary-moore.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...