a little straightening up


my days get busy.  my life is busy.  it can get to feel like a roller coaster ride-- something i am strapped into and on, without any real awareness of when i am going to be able to get off.  don't get me wrong-- like a roller coaster it can be a LOT of fun-- but sometimes i just need to feel the ground under my feet.

when my days are really full i find a little bit of home-keeping goes a long way towards keeping me sane and happy.  a mindful half hour of straightening up, putting things away, or minor cleaning can make an enormous difference to my state of mind.  my sense of home is renewed, my comfort in my space is expanded-- i feel HAPPIER for having spent that half hour that way rather than lying on the couch seeking escape in a movie.

my little thought for today...

-mary-moore. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...