falling in love



like a young school girl in a romantic novel, i fall in love all the time: with houses and homes.   my friend's new attic apartment,  the converted church in a nearby city that has a bedroom in the bell tower, and the antique cape on my way to the grocery store that has beautiful gardens and an apartment in its carriage house.  i imagine myself spending time in these places, moving my things in, living there.  i can imagine myself living in any number of different kinds of spaces-- but they all have common themes-- and those are the parts i fall in love with.

there is a house down the street from me that has been on the market for a few weeks that i just LOVE.  i actually asked my realtor to take me through it-- just because i couldn't help myself.  it is a contemporary house, but earthy-- with beautiful paint colors, a fireplace in both the living room and main bedroom, and-- one of my favorite elements-- exterior clapboards on interior walls.  the kitchen needs re-doing, and it is has a newly re-finished bathroom that needs more work to make it match the rest of the house.  i have no intention of moving,  but i can't help looking at it longingly when i walk by-- and imagining my table in the dining room.

hmmmm.

-mary-moore.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...