a room of her own, two




well, it didn't work.

i had felt like i needed a space, separate from home or from the shop, to go to and be secluded so that i could think, create, write. i had rented a studio, carried a bunch of stuff up the stairs, picked out a paint color, hung things on the walls...

BUT i never used it. or, i had a couple of meetings there, went up there a few times and answered some e-mails, but the truth is my life doesn't really allow for uninterrupted hours right now. between the shop, design work, and my children-- i need my office to travel with me all the time so that i can just plop down outside the ballet studio and answer e-mails, or plan out duvet covers that i then make in my dining room while the kids are doing their homework.

SO i have given notice, moved back into my office at the shop (which is also the store room, but which has windows and a nice desk and is quite a lovely place to keep things), and each morning i pack my traveling office into my canvas bag and hit the road. all good!

it is good to try things, and good to acknowledge when they are not useful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...